PMP Exam Application Process
In order to become eligible for applying to the PMP exam, each applicant has to ensure following the below steps:
Send in your application or apply online;
For each project submitted;
When submitting the application for the exam, the applicant has to provide a description of each of the projects were managed by the applicant during his/ her professional job responsibilities. The candidates must:
- Indicate that they have Led and Directed tasks on projects while assuming their responsibilities and positions.
- Candidate can only claim hours for tasks that they have Led and Directed.
- Provide supervisor contact information for verification.
- PMI will send an Exam Eligibility Letter to the applicant within 10-14 working days (2-3 weeks). This letter is valid and good for one year.
- Go to PROMETRIC to locate the nearest testing center and schedule the exam.
For detailed information please download the PMP handbook.